Automotive tools are widely used by technicians even if they have a specialization in repairing and replacing only certain parts of cars. The maintenance of all these tools is not only essential but also inexpensive and safe in the long run. If dirt and debris get lodged between the blades of cutting tools or the rectangular sole plate of sanders then the tools ruin the material that is being worked upon and harm the person utilizing those tools.
Cutting tools used for metals remove the material from the ‘job’ piece through the application of shear deformation force. If you were to buy cutters online in India, you must know that a single point or a multi-point tool is employed to get the required results. The single point tools have applications such as shaping, cutting edges, turning, and plaining the material surface. The multipoint tools find applications in grinding, milling, and drilling.
The major set of features that determine a good cutting tool include-
- The hardness of material in order to bear the generation of heat that follows every cutting process. The heat that is created when the cutting process commences is the reason why the cutting tool should be of a material that is harder than the material that is being cut.
- The tools should not easily chip or fracture.
- There must be some wear resistance that can ensure that the durability of the tool.
- The clearance angles and the geometry of the cutting tools that are reviewed when you opt for cutters online shopping in India must be such that the cutting edge finds direct contact with your material. This ensures an efficient cutting process.
- The cutting tool also depends on other factors such as the angle at which the cutting blade is placed, the number of teeth or flutes, and the width of these flutes. The input and the speed of operation of the cutting tool should be optimized to make the cutting process quicker and more efficient.
The process of cutting metal
- A type of cut called the ‘roughing cut’ is performed to remove all the excess metal that is not a part of the desired pattern. This helps in obtaining a shape of the metal that resembles the actual design. However, some of the metal is present as a residue on the sheet/piece.
- A cutting fluid is utilized to maintain the temperature of the cutting process. It keeps the material cool and also makes it easy to continue the cutting process. The fluid is usually chosen based on the requirement of the cutting fluid and scope of the cutting process. Water jet cutting is a process that used the force of water to cut the metal into the desired pattern.
- The remaining procedure includes the ‘finishing cut’. This is performed to create a neat and clean version of the pattern that has been determined. This type of cut is used to obtain the finished product with all the finishing touches, surface finishing jobs, and the exact dimensions of the predetermined pattern.